Snickerdoodle cookie is my ever favorite amongst cookies since the time I recall developing my taste buds. It is also my favored one to bake given its simple recipe and great result. Find out here how to make easy snickerdoodle cookie at home from the scratch.
Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe History
History of this amazingly easy and delicious cookie is not very clear. Some say that this cookie had been named after the folklore hero Snickerdoodle, while some claim a deeper history of it that originates in German history between 17th and 18th century. The German history origin tale tells that the original recipe of the cookie was a much spicier one. However, let us indulge into the delectable taste of the cookie more than the copy book dry-history of it.
- Regular Flour 2¾ cup
- Unsalted Butter 1 cup
- Eggs 2 (Big)
- Sugar 1 ½ cups
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Cream of Tartar 2 teaspoons
- Salt 1 teaspoons
- Cinnamon 3 teaspoons (Powdered)
- Sugar 3 tablespoons (Powdered)
- Mix the regular flour, refined salt and baking soda very finely in a bowl.
- Now take another separate large bowl.
- Mix the butter, eggs and 1 ½ cups of sugar thoroughly in that large bowl.
- When the mixture starts looking like a properly wiped cream add the dry mixture of flour and other stuff into it.
- Now mix the all the ingredients into a perfectly blended dough without any lumps.
- Place the dough in refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes.
- While the dough chills we put out a plate to mix 3 teaspoons of cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- Take out the chilled cookie dough from the fridge.
- Take 1 scoop of the dough and place in the sugar with cinnamon mixture to coat the glob well.
- Take a chilled cookie sheet and do not grease it.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit approximately.
- Place the dollops of dough on the cookie sheet and place in the pre-heat oven.
- Bake the cookies for almost 10-12 minutes.
- Take the cookies off the cookie sheet as soon as you take them out of oven.
- Let them cool down to room temperature.
- Serve with a little more cinnamon powder sprinkled over the cookies.
Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe Without Cream Of Tartar
The only relevant substitution of cream of tartar will be baking soda. In case you want to substitute cream of tartar then just increase the amount of baking soda in your beloved dough of the to-be-delicious snickerdoodle cookie.
- While the ingredients of the original recipe are changed or substituted the resulting product may be different from expected. Taste, softness, flavor,fluffiness and even the weight might differ.
- To retain the softness of the cookies you can add some more wiped and softened unsalted butter.
- Once freshly baked cookies is out of oven let them cool and settle down in room temperature for about 20 minutes for the crispy.
- If you want to add some special tinge in the classic cookie then add a few drops of vanilla essence into the dough.