Want to relax with a peppermint schnapps cocktail but have no peppermint schnapps at home? Don’t feel like running to the store and grab a bottle but finding it hard to repress your desire for a crispy cocktail? Nothing to fret; preparing peppermint schnapps is very easy and with a little help, you can create this minty schnapps at the comfort of your home.
What is Peppermint Schnapps?
Peppermint schnapps is based on fresh, aromatic peppermint leaves or extracts. It is a very mild and smooth drink. You can enjoy peppermint schnapps on its own, create lavish cocktail drinks, use it in ice creams, jellies, desserts or serve it with lamb and seafood delicacies. You can also add a little bit of peppermint schnapps to a glass of hot chocolate to make it more interesting.
- Sugar 70g (granulated)
- Corn Syrup 326ml (light)
- Vodka 445g (80-proof)
- Peppermint Extract 2 teaspoons
- At first, pour the corn syrup and the sugar in a 2 quart pan and heat them on stove over medium heat.
- While heating, stir the mixture regularly and make sure the sugar dissolves completely.
- Once the sugar has entirely dissolved, add vodka to this mixture and stir well.
- Turn off the stove and remove the pan from the heat source. Tightly cover the mixture with a lid and keep it aside for cooling.
- Add peppermint extract to this mixture and pour it in a sealable container.
Like any other alcoholic beverage, the flash point of vodka is quite low. Hence you need to be careful while heating the mixture containing vodka.